Excel Auto Service Air Conditioning
Air Conditioning Systems Consists of 7 main items.
- Expansion Valve
- Air Conditioning Line
Reasons to get my Air Conditioning Serviced at Excel
- The air from the air vents is not cold enough (typical temp 7-9 degrees on hot days)
- Musty/Fungal smell when system turned ON.
- You or Your passengers suffer from headaches/runny noses while travelling in the car.
- Noises from the dashboard/engine area when aircon switch ON.
- low air flow into car is a possible sign of a blocked cabin filter.
Your vehicles air conditioning system can lose up to 20% of it's refrigerant gases every year down to natural evaporation,
A poorly performing car air conditioning system can cause a build up of fungus, bacteria and other microbes
growing inside the evaporator core, causing a musty smell and can sometimes lead to an allergic reaction.
Have your car air con system serviced every 18 Months, It will say that in your car manufacturers service guide,
yet when your car is serviced, your A/C system is never serviced. It's an extra, chargeable item, but vital to have done.
A typical main dealer car air conditioning service will cost you at least £160.00.
A poor aircon system can increase your fuel costs as the air conditioning pump needs to work harder.
What is covered in an Air Conditioning Service?
Excel Auto Services & Valeo Air Conditioning Recommend that a Full Service is carried out
every 18 Months and covers the following 10 stages.
- Recover all refridgerant from the system.
- Check the condition of the condensor unit.
- Check condition of all hoses and wiring harnesses.
- Check compressor oil level.
- Pressure test the system with Dye additive (leak check).
- Vacuum system for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Recharge with R134a refridgerant and Lubrication oil.
- Leak test all components with ultraviolet light.
- Carry out pressure and temperature test.
- Advise if pollen/cabin filter requires replacement.
- Update service records.
What are the benefits of air conditioning?
- Efficient cool air in summer!
- Warm dehumidified air in Winter easily demists steamed up windows!
- Filters pollutants/airborne particles including pollen helping allergy sufferers!
- Pleasant & odour free vehicle atmosphere at all times!
What causes the smell in A/C Systems
Air Conditioning systems are frequently prone to mould and bacterial proliferations.
This may cause unpleasant odours, be a source of allergic reaction (sneezing,colds etc)
and can also generate problems of corrosion on the evaporator.
Excel Auto services use the ultra effective anti-bacterial action of VALEO CLIM PUR(tm)
which cleans and purifies the whole Air Conditioning System and prevents the development
of new micro-organisms. The result is a fresh and healthy delivery of air into your vehicle.
Do you Need a licence to carry out service/repair to vehicle Air Con system?
Legislation released by the Department if Trade and Industry (EC regulation 2037/200)
states that by 31st December 2001 it will be mandatory for all air conditioning engineers
to hold a minimum qualification level for servicing and maintaining equipment and handling
of refridgerants. This qualification can be obtained by the CITB or the City and Guilds.
Book Your Car In Today
Call:- 01698 373233
Oxygen Free Nitrogen Testing For Leak Detection £55.00
(All prices exclude VAT)
Our car garage and MoT test centre is based in Wishaw directly opposite the new